Getting Started with My Experience in Cooking!

June 9, 2020

I have been teaching for 24 years, and cooking for just as long or maybe even longer! So, how have I found the love of cooking, and possibly wanting to start a small business after I retire from my real job? Simply put, I love to cook!! I think I'm pretty good at a few things, so why not try to create something new from the experiences that I love? But, to become an expert in my new idea, I need to learn technique, specifically chopping and sauce making. 

This summer, my students are tasked with creating a passion project. Something they really love, something they want to learn more about, and create a whole project around this passion. I wanted to model the process, so I am learning how to chop vegetables in different cuts, make different sauces from a Bechamel sauce, and most importantly, research all about small catering businesses to see if I can make it a go when I retire in a few years. 

So, this is why this blog has been created. To showcase my learning of different techniques, my cooking experiences, and to share what I have learned along the way. Who knows....maybe I drum up a little business, and make this project a reality!

Happy Learning and Cooking, 
Tracy


Comments

Popular Posts